The optimum Blanket for Spot Coating
- Suitable for UV- and aqueous varnishes
- Excellent varnish transfer
- Optimized surface for varnishing application
- For spot and full-surface coating
- New! 4-ply carcass to continious use
Application and description
There is an increasing trend towards the use of varnishing blankets on sheet-fed presses.
For this application we have developed Grand Canyon, a blanket that meets all requirements for spot and full-surface coating.
The compressible layer guarantees easy, perfect cutting – whether this is done manually or using a plotter. The specially developed 4-ply carcass guar antees the continious use of Grand Canyon.
Equally suitable for UV- and aqueous varnishes through a newly developed face compound. Guarantees perfect gloss in both applications.
Grand Canyon guarantees the user a stencil depth of ≥ 0,7 mm.
|Identification||PHOENIX stamp with article and serial number|
|Thickness||Art. 352: 1.96 mm / 0.077"– 4-ply|
|Elongation at 500N/ 50mm||≤ 0.9 %|
|Compressibility at 1350 kPa||approx. 10 %|
|Tensile strength||≥ 4,500 N/50 mm|
|Reduction in thickness due to tensioning and setting||≤2 %|
|Hardness (total)||approx. 78 Shore A|
|Surface rubber||approx. 59 Shore A|
|Stencil depth||≥ 0.7 mm|
|Roughness RZ||5 μm|
|Roughness RA||0.6 μm|
- Delivered on rolls, packed freely suspended
- With edge sealing and ink jet identification
- Fast service
- All cut sizes available with or without bars
- Worldwide sales network